diy: small decorative stand

Saturday, 23 February 2013

small craft diy decorative stands with dollar store materials

Dollar store craft? Yup! Cool huh? It's unbelievable how many things you can craft with a pinch of creativity. I had a few extra clay pots lying around & wanted to do something fun. These are so easy to make & so cheap! Plus, you can use them to hold so many different things!

MATERIALS:
Clay pot & Saucer
Acrylic paint & Brushes
clay pot saucer acrylic paint and brushes

I purchased all the materials at the dollar store for a dollar each. Cool right?

First, paint with a base color of your choice.
paint clay pot and saucer

Second, turn the pot upside down & glue the saucer on top.
glue saucer on clay pot

I used a glue gun.

Third, decorate!!
painted clay pot with flowers

I just used paint, but if you want to go crazy, you can add ribbons, glitter, gems...

How would you decorate these?

...and voila! Cuuuuuuute huh? If you make one, send me a link or photo, I'd love to see them!

diy dollar store craft decorative stand

6 comments:

  1. How fun! Love this idea for a DIY project ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i especially love how versatile they are. you can use them to display pretty much anything. i was even thinking using them to display cupcakes during parties. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty!

    Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

    My Lyfe ; My Story
    @MyLyfeMyStory 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when you thought terra cotta pots couldn't get cooler, they did!!!! i love this! I also loved seeing all the tutorials on pinterest where you paint them black and put chocolate coins in them to make a "pot of gold "

    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't see that. such a good idea!! might do that for easter. eheh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elba Valverde1 April 2013 12:37

    Hello Julie! You have adorable ideas. I love the little blue flowers. One like these would look so cute in my kitchen window!

    I just found out your blog and I really love what you share so I want to reward all your lovely ideas with an award. It's a fun way to know and connect with other bloggers. You can check it out here:
    http://livecolorful.com/2013/04/liebster-award-for-live-colorful/

    Hope you have a great day. Xo, Elba

    ReplyDelete


home | about | faq | advertise | contact
copyright © 2013 xfallenmoon | designed and coded by julie claveau | best viewed in firefox @ 1280x1024 | hosted by blogger
shoot for the moon, if you miss, you still land in the stars (: