DIY: Jewelry organization display board

| Wednesday, 24 April 2013

diy jewelry organization display board

I'm starting to have a lot of jewelry. I have a really beautiful jewelry box, but it's not big enough, and my necklaces were getting tangled up. I tried hanging them on a clothes hanger but that idea was a total fail. Then I remembered the previous owners had left cork boards in every room. My husband had taken them down and insisted on keeping them... I'm so glad I found a use for one. You can use the board as a decorative item for your room if you add a nice frame, paint it or add ribbons... but mine is in my closet, so I kept it simple.

MATERIALS:
Cork board
Push pins
Jewelry
cork board with push pins and jewelry

1. Place the pins on the board.
push pins on board

2. Hang your jewelry.
jewelry hanging on cork board

I filled in gaps with more pins to hang earrings and bracelets.

What is your favorite kind of jewelry? What is your favorite jewelry store?

Yup, it's that easy!

do it yourself jewelry organisation

I used colored push pins in the tutorial so you could see them better, but on my display I used clear and white pins.

19 comments:

  1. This is a really great idea c:
    Very neat as well!

    xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mei!! I just bought more necklaces... no more place on my board!! /sadeface

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knooooow. I hate that too!! Let me know how it turns out. I'd love to see a picture. If you post it on your blog I'll link it on this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have something similar...I twisted the little metal hooks into my corkboard. Such an easy and helpful solution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!! It's seriously usefull. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a cool idea!!! i have followed you on bloglovin:)

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how easy this is. Honestly all my jewelry is in a pile in my closet lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the DIY feel of the box, isn't it great when something works out and you've made it yourself!?

    Sarah & Ricky
    http://www.cattaildown.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sarah! Ahah, mine was too before I thought of this. Well, the ones that didn't fit in my jewelry box. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes!!! Although you wouldn't believe how many of my DIY ideas didn't work out. So sad. Lol. At least some of them are good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This DIY project is so easy to do and I love neat they all look. I, on the other hand, keep them in plastic containers. I don't know. I like to display them but I don't like it when people touch them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Kisty!! It's actually hidden in my big closet. So no one but me gets to see it. (: If I used it as decoration I'd probably add a nice frame or some colorful fabric in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We definitely know the feeling! Trust me! We kept seeing crayon art on pinterest, for example, so we decided to try it out... We ended up with our colors running together and looking like mud. I think it might be because we got excited when it started to look good and didn't take our time with it/plan what colors to use in advance but once we'd wasted one box of crayons we retired that tutorial lol

    S&R

    http://www.CattailDown.Typepad.com

    Follow us on Blog Lovin'!

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7118895/?claim=85eu8ntqfqt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol, that happened to me to!!! Well, at least we're having fun right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ailyn Muhlfeld9 May 2013 at 22:40

    Great DIY. Affordable and useful. And also a great way to organize your jewelries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really a great and easy way to hang jewelry.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Meghan! How do you order your jewelry? :)

    ReplyDelete


home | about | advertise | contact


copyright © 2015 xfallenmoon all rights reserved | designed and coded by julie claveau | best viewed in firefox @ 1280x1024 | hosted by blogger
shoot for the moon, if you miss, you still land in the stars (: