Eggless white vanilla cupcake

| Saturday, 7 June 2014

WE HAVE MOVED!!!!!!

Please save the link below as this post will soon be removed.

Thank you!



These egg free vanilla cupcakes are super moist and fluffy. They're even better than cupcakes with eggs. This is a perfect eggless cake recipe for those with egg allergies or with food restrictions.

Last weekend was my son's 2nd birthday. I have a 2 year old son!!! I'm unbelievably proud to be the mom of such a good and sweet boy. In honor of his birthday, considering his egg allergy, I had to come up with an egg free cake recipe. All of the ones I found on the internet weren't simple enough for me, so I decided to make my own. I have to say I am more than satisfied with my recipe; it's moist, fluffy, and delicious.

Get your FREE egg allergy cheatsheet
(+ BONUS acces to our exclusive resource page
for bloggers and supermoms)


Why do we even use eggs in almost every baking recipe? I know the white acts as a leavening agent and the yellow helps everything stick together, but I always wondered if we could do without. I figured a bit more baking powder and a bit of fruit puree or yogurt would do the trick (minus the protein and nutrients found in the eggs). The good news... it does! This eggless vanilla cake recipe is super yummy.

If you know anyone with an egg allergy, or simply want to make a cake for a baby's first birthday, this recipe is perfect! You can vary the flavor by changing the type of extract you use.

egg free vanilla cupcakes


Preparation time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
Oven temperature: 350F
Portions: 10

Ingredients

1/2 cup Butter (salted)
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Plain yogurt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup Flour
3 tsp Baking powder
3/4 cup Milk

eggless white cake recipe

Directions

1. Preheat oven at 350F and prepare molds.
2. Cream butter, sugar and yogurt. Add vanilla extract.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
4. Mix flour mixture and milk alternatively into butter mixture. Do not over mix.
5. Pour into molds (to about 3/4 of the cup) and bake for 30 minutes.

flour

egg free cake batter

eggless cupcake batter in mould

I have to be honest with you, these are simply amazing. Yes, I'm bragging, but when someone's first reaction is: "Wow, these are better than cupcakes with eggs." You can't help jump with joy. Yay! :)

These egg free vanilla cupcakes are super moist and fluffy. They're even better than cupcakes with eggs. This is a perfect eggless cake recipe for those with egg allergies or with food restrictions.

25 comments:

  1. Those look great and those cupcake holders are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I think I got them at the dollar store actually. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, I tried using this recipe twice but both times my cupcakes all sunk in the middle :( any idea where I am going wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi cupcake girl!

    I have to admit I'm not quite sure, I've made it countless times and it has never sunk for me. The only time it didn't rise much was when I used splenda instead of sugar for my diabetic mother in law and once when I mixed the batter for too long. I heard from a friend that eggless cake batters should not be mixed too fast or too long. Maybe that's it? Did you open the oven mid cooking? Did you maybe mix all the ingredients at the same time? Sometime that affects the texture of the cake.

    Hope that helps! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hie Julie..
    Im going to try this tomorrow ... just a little worrried :P .. coz my cupcakes turn out dense almost always :/
    I have to NOT OVERMIX.,, heheh thats how it is written in my recipe card now..


    ill get back to you on how it turns out..
    im looking for a really moist cupcake which is airy ..
    should i end up using oil in anyway ? or is butter enough?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisha!

    These cupcakes always turn out moist and fluffy for me. I always use salted butter, I've never tried with oil. Let me know if you do, I'd like to know what happens. :) Yup, no over mixing, and don't melt the butter too much, room temperature is best... and the obvious "don't open the oven until they're done cooking" (that always makes cupcakes flatten).

    Also, something I've learned with experience, don't mix all the ingredients in at once. Mix the butter, sugar and yoghurt first. Then mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and as you're slowly adding the dry mixture to the sugar mixture, alternate with milk. The essence is at the end. You shouldn't be mixing for more than 2 minutes (approximately). Oh- and not at a high speed, med-low is best.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey Julie..
    My cupcakes r in the oven .. i ended up u sing butter because i thought wouldnt let me incorporate as much air when i cream it with sugar..
    will get them out and post a pic!! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks Great!! .. bessides the shape is a little oval.. :P .. ill change my could..
    will bite into them once they cool .. thanks alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! They look great! Did you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep .. loved them!! besides, i think i need to bake it for a minute or two longer coz its got a little cake-y or milk-y taste to it.. so need to get rid of tht ... will try them with oil today to see if theres any difference.
    Thanks once again :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! :) The milk-y taste might be the yoghurt. You could try with applesauce instead. I've never tried it myself but I hear it works too. Let me know about the oil, I'm curious to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you think I could double this and put it in a 13x9? Thx!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure I've ever tried making a double batch but I'm sure it would work. Don't see why it wouldn't. Besides, if you have some left over you can always make mini cupcakes. I've made a big cake with this mix before though, for my son's baptism. It was just as good, just need to bake it longer (I think for a cake it's between 45min to 1h, just keep an eye on it).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much. I have a baby shower cake to bake and the mommy has an egg allergy. i appreciate your post. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad I could help someone! My son has an egg allergy and I found it so difficult to adjust. I had to make (and am still figuring out) a whole bunch of recipes from scratch so he wouldn't miss out on anything. This cake recipe took me a long time to perfect but I'm so glad I did. Let me know how it turns out for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Baked and good to go! The doubled recipe filled a 9x13 pan vey nicely and baked up in my oven in about 45/50 minutes. Thank you so much again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally replying. :) The cake turned out great, held up great to a thick buttercreme and the mommy to be loved it. Thanks so much again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay!! I'm so happy I could help! I have a few other egg-free dessert recipes if you need some. Some are quick fixes if case you're in a hurry and I'll be posting all of my future creations too if ever you're interested or know anyone else who could benefit from egg-free recipes. Thanks for letting me know how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Could I make these with a gluten free flour? There's a child with gluten and egg allergies I'm trying to find a cupcake recipe for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Rach!

    I would think so. I've never tried it though. I was just reading on the web that gluten-free flour can come out a bit denser than wheat flour. Maybe add an extra teaspoon of baking powder? I'm not quite sure.

    Let me know how it turns out if you make it, that way I can edit my post to let others know the result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. what type of flour did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sam! I used regular all purpose wheat flour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm going to make these for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. Do you recommend baking and frosting the day of? Can I bake the night before? leave out or refrigerate? Also, I was planning on a buttercream icing..day of? Thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Suzette!

    I usually make the day before and let them sit in my glass bell thing on the counter overnight (after they've cooled). If you put them in the fridge, they're still good but the texture will be a bit more firm (they'll still be fluffy though). If you bake them the day of, I suggest making them a couple of hours ahead so they have time to cool before you add the frosting.

    For the frosting, I have a delicious cream cheese frosting recipe (http://www.xfallenmoon.com/2012/10/chocolate-mini-cupcakes-with-cream.html) which I highly recommend. I find buttercream much too sweet (that's a personal preference though). If you choose to make the cream cheese frosting, make sure you let the cream cheese and butter sit on the counter for a couple of hours so it softens. If you're in a hurry you can just pop them in the microwave a little bit. You can make the frosting the day before too. I usually do that and put it in a small ziploc bag ready to squeeze onto the cupcakes the next day.

    Hope that helps!
    I'd love to know how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete


home | about | advertise | contact


copyright © 2015 xfallenmoon all rights reserved | designed and coded by julie claveau | best viewed in firefox @ 1280x1024 | hosted by blogger
shoot for the moon, if you miss, you still land in the stars (: