
Hand lettering is a beautiful art and a refreshing way to express yourself. Tweet this.
I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with hand lettering lately. I've seen so many gorgeous prints on Etsy, Pinterest and Instagram that it inspired me to try. I've always loved calligraphy, but I never thought of turning it into art until recently.
Just to give you an idea of how different hand lettering can be from one person to another, here are a few examples I found on the Creative Market (Heart & Soul, Rushistly, Wonder, Snowberry, Hello Sunshine).
I posted a picture on Instagram a few days ago and my friend Heather from The Arbitrary Fox asked me how I made it so I thought it would be fun to make a little video of my process.
TOOLS:
Pencil
Eraser
Paper
Liner
Felt

One of the things I love the most about hand lettering is that you can do it anywhere. All you need is a piece of paper and a pencil. Of course, you can use any tool you like; watercolors, felts, markers, crayons... anything goes to make pretty hand lettering art. For the basic instructions to my basic hand lettering technique have a look at my video. I hope you like it!
I really enjoy making videos but man do they take a long time! And why do they always turn out yellow-ish when I've got 3 studio lights pointing at me and the walls are white? Anyone have tips for filming quality videos?

Have you ever tried hand lettering before? Do you like it? What is your hand lettering style? Do you like box letters? Cursive? Let me know by commenting bellow or send me a picture of your project! I'd love to see it. :D

You are so creative. I love your ideas.
ReplyDeleteWould you like to follow each other?
Let me know if you follow me and I will follow you back after it. Thank you!!♥♥
Www.tomntins.blogspot.kr
Love this!
ReplyDeleteAhah, thanks Chels! I've been having so much fun making signs and pretty things. I'm getting my creative side out and trying new things. What have you been up to lately?
ReplyDeleteNot much! Besides always being swamped at work lately, I`ve been playing WoW a bit and just got into Flight Rising! :x
ReplyDeleteYOU'VE BEEN PLAYING WOW!?!?! OMG WIN!! What server are you on? Hope work gives you a break soon! Being swamped is never fun. :S
ReplyDeleteHaha yeah I`ve been playing again off and on for a month or two now.. my instant 90 that is now 100 is on Barthilas but I have a few random levels sprinkled everywhere! I play Horde but I know you are alliance though, right? What server are you?
ReplyDeleteHaha yeah I`ve been playing again off and on for a month or two now.. my
ReplyDeleteinstant 90 that is now 100 is on Barthilas but I have a few random
levels sprinkled everywhere! What server are you? I play Horde but I know you are alliance though, right?
Boooo Horde!!! Lol. Yea, I'm alli. Duh. I look like an alli kinda girl don't I? >.< I'm on Feathermoon. I wonder if we're on the same battle server thingy. I could pound on you a little. Or vice versa... Yea, it'll probably be you pounding on me. Ahah.
ReplyDeleteThese letters are beautiful! Love this!
ReplyDeleteWow, your hand lettering looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThank you! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! You should try it, it's super easy and you can make some cool unique prints to decorate your home. :)
ReplyDeleteI absolutely loved this video! I have to say you are simply adorable. I love your Canadian accent. A lot of my family is from Canada so it's fun to hearing them speak. If I'm ever up that way (and during the summer I usually am) we need to get together. You made this video make hand lettering look so easy! I'm sure I'm over thinking it but writing definitely isn't my strongest suit. I'm excited to give this a whirl. I'll have to think of something good to say and make this happen. Of course knowing me, I won't make it simple, it will end up being this crazy over the top challenge. I'll let you know when I've started something. Thank you so much for this awesome video!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Heather
This is amazing. You are so talented! Thank you for the tutorial.
ReplyDeleteHi Stephanie! You're so sweet! Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm sure you can do it as well though, everyone's handwriting is unique and beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHell yes we should totally meet up if you come up to Montreal. You can sleep over if you want. :) Where's your family from? What kind of accent do you have? I probably have a hint of a french accent no? I'm french but we're trilingual in our home. I'm so glad you liked my video, I was worried it was too simple and not detailed enough but that's really all I do. Next time you have a pen and paper try it out, even if your handwriting looks nothing like mine it's perfect, just let your personality shine through your lettering and it'll be beautifully unique! I definitely over think things as well. Lol. So I know what you mean!
ReplyDeleteI'm 25% Canadian. My Grandmother was born there and I have family all over from Kingston to Vancouver. Many of them I haven't seen since I was a teen. How wonderful it must be to speak three languages at home. I speak a little Spanish but nothing impressive. Your accent? Humm, I'm not sure I could pick it apart it's just the way you pronounce some of your words, like "about." I love it! I'm sure I have one too. Thankfully Colorado is pretty neutral as far as accents go for the US. Unfortunately I was born and raised in California. I know I have a bit of that valley girl accent that pops up in me when I get very enthused about somethings. Ugh lol! I got some paper and supplies out, tonight I'm going to give this a whirl! Can't wait to see what you create next! Wish me luck ♥
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sign! My 13 year old daughter is interested in this kind of thing. I've pinned it for her. Following you back. :)
ReplyDeleteHi! Thank you for the pin and following me back. :) I hope your daughter has fun lettering!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty hand-lettering! Lovely blog with beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet. Thank you!!
ReplyDelete