diy: letter garland

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

diy craft wooden letter garland

My entrance looked, well, naked. It really needed a makeover. At first, I wanted to put a "welcome" sign, you know, the ones you can buy at the store. But it didn't feel unique, or personal. So I decided to showcase some family pictures, and write our family name. Here is what I did.

MATERIALS:
Wooden letters
Acrylic paint & brushes
Baker's twine
wooden letters paint twine

Any kind of letters will do, you could even use cardboard cutouts.

First, paint the letters a base color of your choice.
painted wooden letters

Second, decorate as you wish.
decorated wooden letters

I used paint, but you can use other things like ribbons, glitter, fabric, etc...

Third, glue the letters to the twine.
letters glued to twine rope

Tadaaaa! ~ doesn't it look super cool? I'm very happy with the results. I hung the family pictures on a curtain rod... but that's for another time... ;)

cute easy diy letter garland

12 comments:

  1. amazing idea! love the design on the letters

    xo

    http://inspirationshaveinone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea! I love simple DIY projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. meeeee too!! :) there will be more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you. it was really fun to make. some of the lines aren't straight, but it still looks nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. milexblog.blogspot.co.uk13 February 2013 22:54

    hot hot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Great job.

    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cool diy!!

    http://mancinasspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. XxxLoveIsBeautyxxX16 February 2013 10:48

    lovely! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, so original and cute, especially for the entrance to your home. I started following you on hellocotton and liked your FB page, couldn't see a GFC option?? Hope you can check out my blog too, you never know you might like it enough to follow me back :)

    Angela x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete


home | about | faq | advertise | contact
copyright © 2013 xfallenmoon | designed and coded by julie claveau | best viewed in firefox @ 1280x1024 | hosted by blogger
shoot for the moon, if you miss, you still land in the stars (: