berry picking

| Wednesday, 7 September 2011

rustic white and blue cabin cottage in summer

What kind of wild fruits grow where you're from?

Where I'm from, we have wild blueberries, cranberries, raspberries & mini strawberries. There are more kinds I'm sure, but these are the ones I pick. The fruits are usually ready by the end of August, which is when we go. My family meets up at my parent's cabin, we go for a walk in the forest, and we pick! Stay tuned for blueberry recipes!

green trees and blue sky
blueberries in hand
cranberries in hand

9 comments:

  1. aww, i love blueberries, my sister just got a blueberry plant yesterday! we have mulberries that grow well here. and of course limes, lots of limes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo limes!!! lucky you! i loooooooove limes. =) mulberries grow here too i think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my family grew up on mulberries. every spring school holidays we would ride straight to the mulberry tree in the back corner of the yard, jump off our bikes while we were still moving and race each other to eat all the berries that had ripened since the morning. purple stains everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect shot!
    Was that your house? That is so lovely...

    I love strawberries.... I think I've said many times... ehehe... Wish you took a shot of strawberries too... =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sentinel: awww!!! that totally made me smile. i can just imagine it. would have liked to see it!

    @fonyl: no, its not my house, it's my cabin. =) it's 6h drive from my house. o.o i like strawberries too. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for commenting, darling <3
    Soooooo beautiful pictures!! :))

    Desislava
    http://truedreamcatcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo limes!!! lucky you! i loooooooove limes. =) mulberries grow here too i think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sentinel: awww!!! that totally made me smile. i can just imagine it. would have liked to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @fonyl: no, its not my house, it's my cabin. =) it's 6h drive from my house. o.o i like strawberries too. xD

    ReplyDelete


home | about | advertise | contact


copyright © 2015 xfallenmoon all rights reserved | designed and coded by julie claveau | best viewed in firefox @ 1280x1024 | hosted by blogger
shoot for the moon, if you miss, you still land in the stars (: